Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, We Meet Again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:51 pm

I took the stairs two at a time, although I wasn't in any particular rush to get to the Astronomy Tower. Truth be told I hadn't ever visited it before, even after all the time I'd spent at Hogwarts. Now, Summer was only a couple of weeks away, and I'd be leaving in just twenty one days. I couldn't get my mind to wrap around that fact just yet. So long, I'd waited for that moment, but now that it was here.. I wasn't sure what to feel. I'd accomplished school, and now it was time to head off into the real world. It was a daunting thought process, but I couldn't say it exactly made me scared. Not much made me feel frightened, or unsure of myself. And that brought my thoughts to Gwen..

I ran my fingers through my slightly messy hair as I entered the Astronomy Tower. I felt guilty for not having owled her sooner.. it had been a couple of weeks, at the least. But I'd needed time to figure things out and just get myself in a somewhat more stable state of mind.. I hardly had many questions answered since the last time we'd run into each other, but I found that maybe, it didn't really matter. Maybe some of those questions didn't need to be answered, and they were better off left unknown. I shrugged a bit as I moved further into the space, glancing around my surroundings.

I was a bit anxious to see her, I would admit to that. I mean, she'd probably be upset that I'd taken as long as I did to contact her. She'd probably even began thinking I'd just ditched, much like she'd probably expected I would. I ran my thumb and index finger across my chin thoughtfully, before shaking my head. I'd just deal with whatever happened when she came.

If she even showed up.
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Okay so,
a few hours ago Gwen had gotten an owl. From Evan.
Snix had fallen off of her waist when she had fallen off the chair after spending two minutes battling the evil owl that had delivered.
Damn beast.
Anyway, she had pulled on her green hoodie over and headed over to the tower.
She knew she didnt look her best, her hair was up in a clip messily and her jeans weren´t as formfitting as they had been. She had lost some weight due to whatever was wrong but she still had a smile on her face.
And that smile was there when she was standing in front of him.
"Hi" she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:13 pm

I lingered in the middle of the room for a moment, before wandering forward to further investigate my surroundings. I found it rather comical that I always seemed to meet up with Gwen when the nighttime was setting in, yet here in the tower it was a rather interesting sight to see. I wandered closer toward one of the windows that illuminated the night sky perfectly, and I found myself curiously taking in each of the stars. I wasn't regretting not taking Astronomy, of course not. That didn't mean I didn't find what I was seeing interesting, though.. good time passer.

Hearing the door open I turned around quickly, my eyes falling on the small figure of Gwen. I noticed her smiling though, and so I cautiously closed the space in between us. She didn't look angry... at all. Which I knew was a good sign. I felt my muscles beginning to relax as I exhaled in relief, and I gave her a slight smile in return. "Hello." I replied just as quietly.

I was surprised by just how much my mood seemed to improve the moment I saw her, but now my eyes were taking in her appearance. She looked... skinner, if I wasn't mistaken. And I automatically wanted to frown and ask her what was wrong. I refrained from doing so though, my eyes returning to hers. "How've you been?"
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Gwen smiled,
"Honestly? I´m coping." she shrugged. There was no sense in lying to him, especially since she was obviously sick.
But she didnt let it get her down. She didnt even know what was wrong. But the infirmary was out of the question.

"How have you been?" she asked before biting her lip.
"And..I missed you." she said quietly turning to look at the stars grateful that there was almost no moon and ergo not enough light to really see just how thin she had gotten, how sharp her features were, how a subtle dullness was settling in her eyes. How they had turned light light brown.
Back to top Go down
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:06 pm

I felt my brow arching slightly, because it was quite obvious to me that something was wrong. Coping.. with what? I hesitated before I nodded ever so slightly. "If you say so.." I replied haltingly. I wanted to believe her, but from what I could see, she wasn't doing very well.. so how could she possibly be getting better? I rubbed the back of my neck absently before giving her a slight shrug. "I've been doing alright. Just been thinking a lot." I admitted. I didn't expect her next set of words, but it caused me to smile slightly. "I missed you too.." my voice was quiet. It felt weird to feel, and sounded weird to say.

I watched her for a few moments longer, before I looked out to the night time sky. I didn't want to gaze at her for too long, because the drastic differences in her were alarming. If she said she was coping, I couldn't persist the topic.. could I? I paused before taking a step closer to her, my eyes slowly focusing back on her face. The lighting was minimal and dim, but I could still see slightly.. and it bothered me. "You sure there's nothing you can do?" I persisted quietly, one last time. I didn't suggest the hospital, because I already knew of that answer. I glanced ahead of me once more as I waited.
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 am

Gwen gave him a small hug and shook her head,
"Im already on a potion, there's nothing else I know of. But I'm sure it'll be okay." she smiled looking up at him.

"Don´t worry about it, you have bigger things to think about. Like...school. Or rather, the lack thereof. Three weeks..." she tilted her head thoughtfully. Three weeks...and what then?
What about...them? Was there even a them to think about?
She didnt have much more than she had when they had parted. And as the weeks had passed she had almost started thinking he had left.
So naturally she had avoided thinking about it but..she couldn´t just forget.
So she was here. She knew her feelings. She didnt understand them, but she knew them.
Did he know his?

She didnt want to bother him with her questions but..if not now then when? Then never.
Now or never...
Now.
"Evan...have you thought about...you know..." she asked biting her lip. About what happened in the RoR? The commons, what he had said..what she had confessed...what he had told her...that he liked her...

She felt her stomach backflip at the memory and smiled softly, yeah that had been nice, but was it still true?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So, We Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, We Meet Again   So, We Meet Again Empty

Back to top Go down

So, We Meet Again
Page 1 of 1