Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabella Taylor

Isabella Taylor

Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? Empty
PostSubject: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Isabella walked around the castle, she had a free period. She was determined to explore every inch of the caatle, to make up for the lost years that she could have spent here had her letter not been late. She was strolling absentmindedly when she knocked into a doorway. "Oof!" She fell down, and, rubbing her head, she saw a sign that read "Library". Her spirits lifted. Now THIS is where a Ravenclaw like her could hang out. She walked in, careful not to bump into the door again, and sat down at the nearest table. There, she rubbed her blossoming bruise on her forehead, and eyed the humoungous assortment of books in wonder.

"Whoa..." She blushed. Wow, she was such a nerd! In awe of a library!!?!?!?! She stopped herself from self-criticism quickly. It was a bit of a habit. She *should* be a nerd, she was a Ravenclaw. Anyways, why did it matter? It's not like there was anybody to notice her embarrassing "in awe" moment. She sighed softly in relief and surveyed the books once more, carefuul not to show her nerdy awe again. There were so many! "How the heck do I choose?" She murmured to herself, shaking her head quietly and wondering about the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:39 pm

The library was quiet as Indiana walked through the shelves. He was lost in thought, somewhat disturbed about his late mother's affiliation with Laura Stuart, who was leading the Annihilatus. At the same time, he was enlightened by what the group was formed upon. He recalled that Isabella mentioned about the Annihilatus being an anti-pureblood hate group that consisted of Muggle-borns, the inverse counterpart to the Death Eaters. But it was the journal entry in the diary from his late mother that told a different story altogether, one that painted them as revolutionaries instead of hate-group terrorists. Still, he had no intention of becoming part of the group, even though his late mother had been part of their leader's close circle. After all, he was underage and didn't know them well enough, despite the information that the diary contained.

'May was just shocked. I mean, none of us actually knew that Mother was part of Laura's Triumvirate.' the youth thought to himself. 'But I wonder how the Annihilatus became different than what it was supposed to be.'

Indiana strolled silently, moving to another section to find a good book on Arithmancy.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor

Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Isabella stood up from her seat on one of the library tables, to try and find some book to entertain herself with until the next class. Her eyes spotted Indiana Lamperouge, a Ravenclaw boy one uear older than her that she had met bungee-jumping off the Astronomy Tower. He was reading an old book... A diary, perhaps?

He continued to walk towards a different section. She realized he didn't know she was there, and probably wouldn't see her unless she said something. "Wait! Indi! Hey! Didn't see you there. What'cha readin'?" She gestured to her table. "I only just found this place. Can you help me find some books? I don't know what i'm really looking for, anything you can recommend?"

She wondered at what he was reading about. She tried to see the words on the page, but all she could see was Annhilatus. Oh crap... She remembered the bungee-jumping thing ending with a bit of an arguement about the different... Groups that inhabited the magical world. Could he have... Joined? That would be a disappointment. She liked Indi, and him being a member of the Annhilatus would complicate things.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Indiana closed the diary when he heard a familiar voice before turning to see Isabella. The youth's mind was racing a bit as he didn't expect other people even though the library was as silent as a grave.

"Hi Isabella." Indiana greeted as he closed the book. "It's just a diary that belonged to my late mother."

He wasn't sure on what she might have seen before he realized her presence. Nonetheless, he remained calm and decided not to jump to conclusions on current matters.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor

Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:32 pm

"Hi Isabella." Indiana greeted as he closed the book. "It's just a diary that belonged to my late mother." Isabella nodded, and sadness penetrated her features. "Oh, i'm so sorry." She hesitated, before continuing, "If it's any consolation, my mom is dead, too... I'm an orphan. I... could help somehow?" Her fail at trying to console Indi turned to sound like a question.

She couldn't help but think, Crap, he *is* in the Annhilatus. His mother was in it! Shaking her head free from such thoughts, she smiled weakly at Indi. "So... Books. Any recommendations?" She tried to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Indiana nodded a bit.

"Sorry to hear about that." the youth replied solemnly, genuine sympathy in his expression. It seemed awkward in meeting another orphan, a person that he could somewhat relate to when it came to the lost of parents even if he didn't know on how she was orphaned. "I lost both my parents when I was five so it's just something that I prefer to keep the door closed upon."

Hearing her next question, Indiana was about to respond when he felt a slight movement in his cloak, followed by a cackling sound of laughter that could only belong to a certain poltergeist that he now noticed was holding his wand.

"HEY, GIVE THAT BACK!" Indiana yelled as he went after the poltergeist, chasing the ghostly entity into the shelves. His sudden movement in stashing his mother's diary into the inner pocket of his cloak had unknowingly caused a small sheet of parchment to fall from the book onto the floor as Indiana chased Peeves.

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor

Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:53 pm

"Sorry to hear about that." Indi replied solemnly, "Don't be. I barely knew mine, too. My mom died, and i'm not exactly sure what happened to my dad, but he's gone." Isabella said, pushing the emotion away from her voice to make herself sound detached. Indi spoke again, "I lost both my parents when I was five so it's just something that I prefer to keep the door closed upon."
Isabella nodded. "Yeah, same."
 Indi looked as if he were just about to respond when a poltegeist came up from behind him in apparent glee and stole Indi's wand. The poltergeirst cackled and Indi finally noticed.

"HEY, GIVE THAT BACK!" Indiana yelled as he went after the poltergeist, and as he was stowing the book away in his jacket, a piece of parchment fell out. Isabella looked at the paper lying on the floor. Should she look at it? Indi was still chasing the unruly undead, so Isabella decided to take a chance. She saw what it contained- ((OOC: Indi PM-ed it to me so only Isabella could read it-sooo i'm not posting it here)) - and gasped audibly. But- but the things she had heard! The Annhilatus... Could it... Not be what she thought it was? But it could have been forged---no, Indi wouldn't do that. 

Isabella ran over and snatched the wand from the Poltergeist. She handed it to Indi and held up the diary entryp. "We need to talk."
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Apparently, Peeves was more than just a pain as the poltergeist dodged Indiana's attempts to reclaim the wand. It was a pity that the youth couldn't do anything without causing a mess in the library. Peeves kept his sights on Indiana, his attention focused sharply in predicting the youth's movements kept him a few steps ahead when it came to taunting him. Yet, his full attention did not account for Isabella stepping in and grabbing the wand when he least expected it. Peeves cursed at the interference before slinking away.

As Isabella returned the wand, Indiana noted that she was holding a sheet of parchment that looked like it has come from the diary such that he froze. Her next words seemed to have stopped his perception of time itself before throwing his mind into overdrive.

Unable to explain, the youth could only ask. "Here or in confidence somewhere else?"
Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor

Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Isabella shrugged. "Depends. Do you want the whole world to know about this? I didn't think so." She thought for a moment before saying, "But we could talk here, too, with the Muffliato spell. Or...
The place we bungee-jumped from. Again, with the Muffliato spell."

She handed Indi the parchment. "Here. It's yours. I already read it, anyway."

((OOC: darnit NO museeee.))
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Indiana thought for a moment before an idea came to his mind.

"How about the Ravenclaw Tower? The library will eventually swarm in with students and I doubt a Muffliato will keep them at bay. Same with the Astronomy Tower." the youth suggested as he took the parchment back before placing it in the cloak pocket where the diary was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?   Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library? Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring The Castle... Ooh, is THIS the library?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Next Generation :: Parties/Gatherings/Balls-
Jump to: