Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beginning Another Year

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

Beginning Another Year Empty
PostSubject: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 pm

I'd been back for a few hours now, and the first person I'd seen when I'd gone up to The Owlery to send my parent's a letter had been Jay. Now that we'd fixed the small mishap that had happened back at Ian's party I was feeling better, and I was sure the smile on my face was the perfect indicator. But now I just wanted to go somewhere peaceful, and I couldn't think of any place better then the lake. So without another moments hesitation, that was where I headed.

It didn't surprise me that I was the only person there, because it was still quite early in the morning. Everyone was probably either still settling in or taking a nap to prepare for the rest of the day. Not that I minded being alone for once. Trudging toward the edge of the lake I sank down onto the slightly dewy grass, stretching my long legs out in front of me. I leaned back on my arms, my gaze situated on the still water.

And I let my thoughts drift, the smile still on my face as I did so, not really caring what I looked like.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 pm

The first thing I did when I got back was head down to the lake. Two-Bit was trotting down ahead of me, meowing softly.

Seeing a person lying down by the lake, I walked up to the bank.

"Hey there stranger," I chuckled when I saw that Emmy was the one lying on the bank of the lake. Two-Bit hopped up onto her stomach.

"Meow!"

"Two-Bit," I chuckled. "How was your break?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:37 pm

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hardly even heard someone coming up on the side of me, and I blinked with a gasp when I felt something jumping up lightly onto my stomach. Glancing down quickly I relaxed when I saw who it was, a sheepish grin appearing on my face. "Oh, hey Two-Bit." I said, switching all of my weight to one arm so I could reach up and pet him affectionately on the head.

I looked up when I heard Pat's voice, smiling happily. "Most of it was actually pretty awesome. How was yours?" I inquired curiously, before pausing from petting Two-Bit to pat the ground next to me, indicating I wanted Pat to join me. "Sit, stay a while." I said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm

"Pretty awesome as well," I nodded. "Jack and I spent some time catching up after the fair. He slept over a few nights as well."

I popped a squat down on the ground and Two-Bit turned his back to me. That kitten had been ignoring me since I had to leave him at home when I went to go see Alli.

Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Hearing that his break had been pretty awesome, I smiled genuinely. "That's great. It's awesome that you guys got to catch up." I said with a small nod. After a moment I gently took Two-Bit in my hands, switching to a sitting up position. Once I was situated I released him, not wanting him to fall while I moved, and I went back to petting him.. until I noticed him turning his back to Pat. My brow rose in amusement. "Seems like you're being ignored?" I said with a small laugh.

"What'd you do this time, Heartthrob?" I said innocently. What? No one else was around to hear it!
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 pm

"I met Alli's parents over the summer," I said. "I had to leave him at home. He's been giving me the cold shoulder ever since."

I flushed majorly when Emmy called me Heartthrob. "That nickname? Really Em?"

Two-Bit meowed smugly.

"Shut it you," I told my kitten.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 am

I glanced down toward the kitten when I heard why he was angry with Pat. "Well.. he doesn't like being without you..?" I offered with a small chuckle, continuing to pet the soft fur on his head. He was a cute one, I had to admit.

Glancing up again I grinned when I saw the effect my nickname had. "That will never get old.." I teased him, before shrugging nonchalantly. "Yes, really. I only use it once in a while!" I protested.

I giggled when Two-Bit meowed and at Pat's response. "See? He likes it too." I said before my attention was back on Pat. "So, meeting the parents go good?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:09 am

"He's like my furry little shadow," I said with a small grin and reached over to scratch Two-Bit's ears. I was amazed when he let me.

"At least there's no one around," I said in relief. if anyone else had heard that nickname...I actually wanted to make it through my last year with a normal color to my face.

I grinned wide at the memory of meeting Alli's parents. "Yeah, it did."

Oh, it did.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:19 am

I let my hand fall to my side when Pat took over petting Two-Bit, rolling my eyes a bit at his words. "I'm not that mean to you, and you know it." I said matter-of-factly, my eyes resting on his face. And I never really was, thinking about it.

I couldn't help but arch a brow suspiciously when I saw just how wide he smiled at the mention of it. "You look way too happy for just meeting the parents..." I said absently, before a look crossed my face. "Oh! Oh..." I said in realization, my brows pulling together as I quickly looked back out toward the water. "Yeah.. don't wanna know.. nope." I muttered, although I couldn't really be one to talk. I hadn't been so innocent over break either, but he didn't need to know that. No one did.

I chuckled under my breath before doing a quick subject change. "I haven't decided if I'm happy or not yet about being back here." Best I could do on such short notice.

Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 am

"Yeah, I know," I nodded, continuing to pet Two-Bit. It wasn't that bad of a nickname but I wasn't going admit it.

Chuckling a little at her reaction, I raised an eyebrow at her subject change.

"Why wouldn't you be happy?" I asked. "Hogwarts is the best place to see all your friends."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 am

"Some guys would feel extremely flattered with a nickname like that." I pointed out. I mean it wasn't the same as being called handsome or hot or something, but it was relatively close. Or so I thought.. I mean, after all, everyone loved the heartthrobs.

I ignored his chuckle and the fact that he didn't deny the direction my thoughts had taken, and I gave my head a small shake. I also decided to ignore his raised eyebrow. "Because.. I don't know." I admitted with a sigh.

"I'll only be seeing my 'friends' for one more year." I pointed out, before shrugging. "Had to change the subject somehow." I said, shooting a bemused grin in his direction.

Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 am

"Those guys don't have a twin who would gladly take the mickey out of him if she heard it," I pointed out with a bemused grin. "If you do call me that, just...don't say it around her."

"But you're in Sixth year," I said. "I'm in Seventh. If anyone has a reason not to be happy being back, it's me."

"Oh come on," I chuckled. "Like you didn't have a similar thing happen to you."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 am

I sighed with a small shrug when I heard his reasoning, and I supposed he was right. "I guess so..." I admitted, before smirking when I heard what he said next. "My lips are sealed."

I looked back at the water again, not saying anything for a moment. "No, I'd rather be in Seventh year with you like I'm supposed to be. Sitting here while all my friends graduate.. yeah. Not the happiest thought in the book." I said with a chuckle, looking back to him.

I knew my cheeks were turning red the moment he mentioned similar things happening with me, and I tried to act like I had zero idea as to what he was talking about. "I didn't." I said, the lie clear in my voice. Oh well. I was bound to get caught eventually.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:00 am

"You've got a point," I nodded. That would suck, being left behind while all your friends graduate. "I guess I'll just have to hang out here until you graduate."

"Liar, liar pants on fire!" I sang, noting the lie in her voice and the blush on her cheeks. "I don't want to know details, but I know you're lying!"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:05 am

I knew I had a point, but I didn't bother saying that. I gave him a soft smile at the mention of him hanging around until I graduated. "Aw, you'd do that for little 'ol me?" I said dramatically, smirking in his direction.

The moment he accused me of being a liar I gave him a swift wack in the back of the head, glaring at him although I was trying to tone down the redness in my cheeks. "Shup, you!" I said indignantly. "I wasn't going to give you details anyhow!" I said before I realized it. My eyes widened and I looked away sheepishly. "Not that I did anything that I can give you details to.."

Oh Emmy, give it up! I sighed in defeat, rolling my eyes. "Fine.. so I'm lying.. not like it's a crime.." I said with a faint smile.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:13 am

"Ouch!" I winced at the head whack. "Feisty," I muttered.

So there were details, good to know. Not that I wanted to know of course!

"Emmy, you're my sister in all but blood. I'm curious is all," I said. "Just no details! Pam and I have a rule, tell all except that which you wouldn't tell your best friend."

"No, not a crime," I nodded.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 am

Hearing his explanation I sighed a bit more, placing the offending hand back in my lap. "Sorry." I muttered, knowing I probably shouldn't have reacted quite so harshly. "I'm not gonna give you any details, Pat! Stop worrying about that." I said, and couldn't help but be amused by it.

"You're like a brother to me, and I do not intend on sharing anything like that with you.. and I would ask that you please do the same!" I ended up grinning in his direction anyways.

"But what I can tell you is.. yeah.. I kinda did end up spending a lot of time with someone over break.." I shrugged, biting my lower lip. "Not sure what to make of it all though." I was sure if he remembered who I was with at Ian's party, that it would all click. But I decided not to mention it.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

"No problem," I said with a chuckle. Two-Bit meowed loudly and I looked at him.

"Oh I'm sorry. Are you not being the center of attention?"

He meowed again.

So Emmy spent a lot of time with someone over break. Who was it? Meh, I'd figure it out later. One could never keep a secret at Hogwarts.

"So ready for classes to start?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:31 pm

I let my eyes wander in the direction of the meowing kitten, raising a brow at him. "Vocal little one, aren't ya?" I teased, petting him on the head again.

I was a little relieved when Pat didn't seem to press the subject, because honestly I wasn't sure what I would have said about it. Oh, yeah, I have feelings for this guy. I'm not the only one who's after him though, and there's a great 'ol chance that I'm gonna get hurt. Yeah.. not the sort of conversation I wanted to have, even with Pat. He'd figure it out eventually, I didn't have any doubts about that.

I made a small face and shrugged. "I suppose about as ready as I'll ever be." I said with a chuckle, glancing out toward the water again. "Taking the same classes as last year, or..?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:50 pm

"Yeah," I nodded. "Why rock the boat in the last year?"

"What about you?" I asked. "Still taking the same classes?"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:37 pm

His explanation made sense, so I nodded slightly. "I understand." I said simply, doing my best to re-call which classes he'd been taking last year. I only remembered him in a single one of mine though, and I'd joined it upon his urging.

I considered his question before nodding again. "As far as I can remember, yeah." I said with a slightly sheepish smile. School work wasn't always the first thing on my mind, so I wasn't surprised that I didn't really remember. Another pause in the conversation and I glanced toward him with a somewhat mischeivious smile on my lips.

"So.. ever gone swimming in the lake?" An innocent question, with a less then innocent meaning behind it.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:44 pm

I looked at her, a little wary at her question.

"Yeah," I said slowly. "Last year with my friend Ian. Why?"

It was just the way she said it that made me wonder just what my friend had planned.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:25 pm

I arched a brow in response to his wariness. "Why're you looking at me like that?" I asked with a slight giggle, knowing he had every reason to be slightly suspicious. I smiled a bit when he said that he had, although the smile faultered for a mere moment when he said with his friend Ian. "Didn't know you were friends with him." I said slowly, although... "Should have figured that out though, since you were at his party." Didn't I feel stupid.

"Well. I was thinking about going for a swim... now..." I said with a shrug, chuckling. I'd never done it before and while I'd heard the temperatures were cold, it didn't exactly phase me. Standing up suddenly I began pulling my long blonde hair back into a pony tail. "Now you can either stand there and watch me like a party pooper, or join me."

I shot him a grin as I took off my shirt, leaving myself in just a tanktop. Slipping out of my jeans left me in just my boyshorts, but I wasn't embarrassed about it. I wasn't sure if Pat would be but I didn't see why he would. I approached the edge before turning around and giving him a look. "So..?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Shrugging a little, I got up and started taking off the outer layers of my uniform. I knew I wasn't much to look at, even after a few weeks with Jack and a bunch of weights. At least I had some muscle mass.

Wait, why was I worried about that? Probably had to do with the Heartthrob comment. I slipped out of my pants to allow my black boxers to pass as my swim trunks.

"Last one in calls the other by an embarrassing nickname in front of their friends!" I called just as I did a big cannonball into the lake.

"Come in!" I called to her. "The water's great!"

It wasn't actually, but I had to get her back somehow for calling me Heartthrob. Two-Bit sniffed around the banks of the lake, debating whether to come in or not.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:47 pm

The moment I saw him shrugging before getting up I grinned widely, happy with his agreeing of joining me in the lake. I absently glanced ahead of me while he undressed, although I wasn't prepared for him to begin running past me and doing a cannonball into the water. Hearing his words, I wrinkled my nose. "I would have actually agreed to that if you gave me any time!" I called back once he'd resurfaced, placing a hand on my hip as I watched him.

He said the water was great, but for some reason I doubted him. Still, I wasn't going to give up the chance of swimming, and so with a shrug I did a running jump into the water. The second I slipped under I was pushing myself up, gasping a bit at the frigid temperature. "Yeah, great for a polar bear maybe!" I said, splashing him indignantly. "Whatever, Grandpa. Or do you prefer Heartthrob?" I grinned in his direction cheekily. "And what are your embarrassing nicknames, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning Another Year
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next