Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beginning Another Year

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

Beginning Another Year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:40 pm

"Maybe you are a polar bear," I teased, "seeing as you haven't left!"

I sent a big splash of water her way after ducking her wave of water.

"Hmmm, there's always Whippersnapper!" I called back. I did flush a little more when she called me Heartthrob. Stupid pre-teens.

Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I arched an eyebrow at him when he made a reference to me perhaps being a polar bear. "I mean, I thought I get enough color over the summer.." I said with a small pout before I was grinning slightly. Until I noticed he'd dodged my splash of water and was sending one my way. I yelped as I turned my back to the water, of course getting splashed along my back. "Freakin. Cold!" I said with chattering teeth, but I still didn't get out.

Instead I began swimming in a random direction, figuring I'd stay in the water until my limbs began going numb. Maybe not the smartest of choices, but then again, I was having fun.

Swimming over to Pat, I heard him calling me Whippersnapper, and immediately made a face. "Ugh! I forgot about that one!"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

I chuckled and floated on my back a bit. My limbs were starting to tingle a bit with cold, despite the fact that it was August.

"The water knows it's Summer right?" I asked. "Do you think it made itself so fricking cold because of us?"

And wasn't the Giant Squid supposed to lurk in these waters?
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I did my best to keep moving around in the water a bit to keep the blood circulating through my body. My limbs were already becoming uncomfortable, but I ignored it. Casting a glance in his direction, I shrugged. "I think it's cold 24/7 no matter what the season." I said. Or so I'd heard.. and it seemed to be proving true.

"I don't think people are really supposed to be in here." I pointed out, perhaps the reason why it didn't matter if it was always cold. "Anyways, isn't there like the Giant Squid living in here?" We were relatively close to the shoreline, enough where I could still touch the bottom with no problem, yet still..
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:05 pm

"If people weren't aloud to be here, they'd have it warded or something," I said floating a little more towards the shore. Being eaten by a Giant Squid, not how I wanted to spend my day.

"Yeah, but I heard he was friendly," I told her. "Books and stuff."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:03 pm

I splashed around a bit more. "I didn't say we weren't aloud.. I'm just sure people prefer us not being in here." I clarified myself, watching as he closed his distance between shore slightly. I merely smirked but followed suit, not wanting to drift too far out. I was freezing!

I glanced out toward the deeper waters a bit when he mentioned the squid being friendly. "Not particularly sure I want to find out first hand..." I muttered, taking another few steps closer to the shore. I couldn't really feel my limbs much at this point.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:06 pm

"You and me both," I muttered, remembering the last time we had a near death experience. Two-Bit meowed loudly from his spot on the bank.

"Sounds like someone needs some attention," I said and chuckled as Two-Bit meowed again. Thankful for the excuse to get out, I shook my hair out like a dog would. Then I put my pants and inside shirt back on.

"You staying in?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:28 pm

It always seemed as if I got into these dangerous situations with Pat, now that I thought about it. First with the Forbidden Forest and now.. I didn't want another one of those experiences underneath my belt. I glanced in Pat's direction when I heard his voice and watched as he got out of the water, leaning back into it a bit in order to float on my back.

Not one of my best choices, because all of a sudden something swam dangerously close to me. Of course I didn't feel it because I couldn't really feel much of anything, but what did attract my attention.. the bubbles coming from next to me.

My eyes widened and I splashed toward the shore as quickly as I could, my heart pounding in my chest. I quickly climbed out and immediately began shivering, not bothering to look toward the water. "Nope. Not staying in." I mumbled as I hastily pulled my clothes on as quick as I could with my incapable fingers. Of course, it all stuck to me and I made a face as I took my curly wet hair out of the pony tail it was held back in.

"Well, that was interesting.." I mused with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:30 pm

I looked over to see Emmy scrambling back to the shore.

"Are you okay?" I asked, slightly worried. Two-Bit raced over to see if Emmy was alright as well. He liked her, actually he liked everyone and everything.

Except for my socks.

"Oi!" I said, lunging for one of them. I'd taken off my shoes and socks before jumping in to the lake. Two-Bit avoided my grasp.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Glancing up toward Pat I blinked a couple of times before his question seemed to click. "What? Oh.. yeah. I'm fine." I said a bit unsurely, daring a glance back toward the lake. I exhaled when I noticed the bubbles were no longer there. Maybe I'd been seeing things.. either way, I hadn't been about to stay in there and find out.

I continued to shiver a bit when a slight breeze picked up, and I looked around for my wand before retrieving it. A moment later and both Pat and I were dry thanks to the drying spell I'd become rather fond of, and I sighed in relief. Now, just to wait for the warmth to return.

I looked down and smiled when I saw Two-Bit, and I gave him a light pat on the head. Before I noticed that the little thief had one of Pat's socks in his mouth. I couldn't help but smirk as Pat lunged for one and Two-Bit dodged him, shaking my head in amusement. "How come I have a feeling this is a daily battle?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 pm

"Yeah," I grunted as I reached once more for my sock. Wait, I was a wizard was I not? Getting out my wand, I said "Accio sock!"

It flew straight from Two-Bit's mouth to my hand. I slipped it on and quickly put on my shoe so Two-Bit couldn't take it again.

"Got to be careful around him," I told Emmy. "He loves socks."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:49 pm

I crossed my arms in entertainment, waiting for Pat to realize that he did in fact have a wand, and by now we'd learned plenty of enough spells for him to actually use. This seemed to click a few seconds later though, because I chuckled as Pat managed to get his sock back. The expression on the feline's face was priceless.

I cast a glance back out at the water again, watching it's eerily still surface. Maybe I'd been feeling things.. I wasn't so sure. As I waited for Pat to get his shoes and socks back on I slipped my own on as well, a somewhat absent look on my face.

A sudden, very random thought had dawned upon me while I was waiting, and now.. I just had to ask someone. Why not Pat, right? "Hey, Pat?" I randomly announced. I didn't want for his answer before I was plowing on. "Have.. have you ever been in love?" I knew he had a girlfriend and had been with her a while, but I didn't want to assume anything. So I decided to wait for his answer.

Even though he was probably looking at me like I had five heads right about now.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 pm

I looked over at Emmy when I heard her say my name. When she asked if I had ever been in love, I stared at her for a while.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I told Alli that I loved her a few months ago. She said she loved me too," I grinned at the memory.

Oh, she probably didn't want me go down memory lane.

"Why?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

I felt Pat staring at me, but chose to ignore it. I knew that if he had asked me something similar, I would have probably had the same reaction as him. I glanced in his direction before back at the ground, for once not really completely comfortable being under the stare of someone. Why had I asked that? Now that I thought about it.. I was better off just keeping it to myself. Well, too late now. And Pat was one of my best friends.. I shouldn't feel ashamed asking him.

I smiled softly when he said he had been, and that he'd told his girlfriend that a few months ago. "Aw, that's great. I'm happy for you." I said genuinely. I knew he was going to ask why though, and a few seconds later he was. I exhaled slowly, glancing back out at the lake. After a moment I began to walk forward, gesturing for Pat to follow.

"What's it feel like?" I dodged his question. "Or is it this unexplainable feeling?" He was really going to think I'd lost all my marbles. But I'd already started, so why back off now?
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:22 pm

I wondered where she was going with these questions. She got up and began to walk, so I followed; Two-Bit trotted along meowing gently.

"It's almost like you're floating in mid-air, like there's no one else but her....or him in this case. You just know." I told her.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 pm

I glanced down toward Two-Bit with a somewhat distracted smile, listening closely to Pat's answer. I bit my lip, considering his words for a few moments before finally nodding. You just know. "Alright... thanks Pat." I said softly, watching the ground as I walked over it.

I was still aware that I hadn't answered his question, but that was because by now I was lost in deep thought. It'd been questions I had been considering for a while now, and I wasn't sure what had made them decide to randomly appear. I was glad Pat had been there for me to ask though. Even if his answer wasn't exactly specific, I understood.

Love couldn't really be explained. Like Pat said.. you just knew.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:17 pm

I noticed that she didn't answer my question but it looked as though Emmy was deep in thought. I picked up my kitten, noticing the lack of cold shoulder (or tail in this case)

Love, it really was more than just a game for two.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 am

I finally shook my head, glancing in Pat's direction after a long while. My expression was apologetic, and I sighed, not really knowing how to finally answer his question. "I know you think I'm crazy." I said pointedly, looking back out at the water.

"But there was a reason for my question." I said with a small chuckle, hoping to keep the air light. I wasn't sure if I was ready to admit this yet though. It was better admitting it to Pat then anyone else, I reasoned.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:35 am

"You ever going to let me know that reason?" I asked. "And yes, I do. But it's no fun being sane."

Two-Bit meowed in agreement, which I just found weird.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:57 am

I made a face at him and his impatience, but I knew I would have been the same way had the rolls been reversed. I was just trying as much as I could to buy for any time possible. I didn't think I'd ever truly be ready for what I was going to admit though, so it was better to just announce it and leave it at that. Maybe it wasn't even a big deal.. all of a sudden a felt a rush of nerves, which I found particularly annoying.

"Nope. No fun at all." Stalling for more time. Merlin, Emmy! Just tell him! I ran my fingers through my hair anxiously. "And.. well.." I hesitated, struggling for the right words. There wasn't any, of course.

"Remember.. remember that guy Jayden I was with at Ian's party?" I bit my lip, deciding not to wait for his answer. I would lose my nerve if I did. "Well.. I've been spending a lot of time with him and somewhere along the way I think I might have.. endedupfallingforhim." The words were rushed together quickly at the end as I shoved them out of my mouth, turning bright red in the process. My words hung in the air and I couldn't believe I'd actually said it.

Oh sigh....
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:02 am

I nodded when she asked if I remembered Jayden. Yeah, I did. Pam had introduced me to him. I listened to what she had to say but frowned at the last bit.

"Run that last bit by me again? But slow down and enunciate," I said, slightly concerned of how red Emmy had become. I didn't even know it was possible to go that red.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:09 am

I stared with my eyes slightly widened when Pat asked me to run the last bit by him again. I couldn't decide if he was just being a smartarse about it, or if he actually hadn't heard me. By the looks of it though, it seemed as if my words had rushed together too quickly to be understood. The fact that I would have to repeat myself caused me to blush so much I could feel the heat radiating off of my cheeks.. Dear Merlin..

I cleared my throat, sighing before closing my eyes. "I think.. I might have.." I struggled with myself for a second before speaking again. "Fallen.. for.. him.." My voice wavered toward the end and I didn't open my eyes for a few more seconds, my heart beating rapidly in my chest.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:12 am

"I, err, see," I said and blushed as well. He wasn't a relationship expert, heck all he did to stay with Alli was be himself.

"Does Jay know?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:17 am

At Pat's lack of reaction I sighed, finally managing a side-ways glance toward him. "I'm sorry I decided to just admit all of this to you.." I said with a small frown, not wanting him to feel weird or anything. "I just.. I don't know." I sighed.

I shook my head and bit my lip at the question. "Uhm.. nope." And I probably wouldn't be admitting it to him, either. "I kinda just realized it myself, so.." Not to mention he's hooking up with other people, not just me. Oh brain, shut up.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:20 am

"No it's fine," I said with a small smile. "Better than yelling it at the local clerk at a supermarket."

"Oh," I said when she said she'd just realized it herself. "You think you're ever gonna tell him?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning Another Year
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next