Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beginning Another Year

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

Beginning Another Year - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:53 pm

I looked at her, walking slowly to catch up. I didn't really want to tell her but she had asked me about how it felt to be in love.

"Pam's...Pam's pregnant," I said softly yet loud enough that I was sure she heard me.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:35 pm

I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't want to tell me, and I guiltily looked down at the boards beneath my feet. Maybe it wasn't my business or my place to ask. Perhaps I should have just kept my mouth shut...

His words shocked me a bit though, and I blinked. I said nothing for a few moments, wanting to be sure I heard him correctly. But with a statement like that.. I knew I couldn't have heard him wrong. "Oh... uhm.. wow.." I managed to say, finally looking up at Pat with a look of.. well. I wasn't sure what expression was on my face right now.

"I.." I felt bad for asking now. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." I said with a sigh. "I understand why you're distracted now though.." His sister was pregnant.. that was a pretty big deal.

Last edited by Emmaleah Montague on Sun May 08, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:45 pm

I knew Emmy would be shocked. I had to admit, I was a little shocked when I heard the news. Actually, I shoved the father up against a wall.

The look on her face almost looked like pity but I couldn't be sure.

"No, it's fine," I told her when she apologized for asking. "Curiosity is not a sin after all. Besides, you'd find out sooner or later. Hogwarts gossip chain never sleeps."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:52 pm

I frowned without being able to help it when he told me that it was fine. It didn't feel fine because I felt like I'd pushed him into telling me. But Pat was my best friend, if he was telling me it was alright then I would believe him. "I suppose so.. I'm glad I heard it from you though, and not someone else." I said genuinely. "As for the gossip.. some people just need to mind their own business."

I took a couple of steps closer to Pat before giving him a hug. "It'll all be okay.. everything will work itself out." I said quietly. Not wanting to make matters worse though I stepped back. "Now, be careful.. lets go find your trouble-maker." I said with a small grin. "I'm here if you need me." I added, then left the subject at that as I turned to walk forward again.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm

I nodded when she said that we should go find my little trouble-maker, and smiled a little when she said that she was here for me.

"Thanks Em," I said. Before I could say anything else though, I heard a faint meowing.

"Emmy, am I going insane or do you hear meowing?"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:42 pm

I merely nodded when he thanked me. It wasn't necessary for him to do so, but I'd already decided to leave the touchy subject alone. And so I was.

I paused when he said my name, turning toward him questioningly until he mentioned the meowing. I stopped in my tracks, becoming motionless as I listened attentively for any indication of meowing.

Just as I was about to call Pat crazy, I heard it. Very, very faint.. but coming from the direction we'd been heading in. I jerked my chin in the same direction to tell Pat just that, and carefully began wandering forward again.

This was the second time this kitten had lead us on a wild goose chase through the unknown..
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Following Emmy, I was careful not to step on any thin looking boards. It'd happened twice already, I wasn't exactly looking for it to happen a third time.

Suddenly, a blur streaked past me. It looked....kitten size.

"Stupefy!" I shouted and stunned the thing. It was Two-Bit.

"You are an evil kitten," I told my stunned kitten.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:59 pm

I managed to make it relatively far without falling through the floor like Pat had. I turned around a couple of times to check on him, but each time he was still following. Which was good. While it was pretty amusing that he kept falling through, I didn't want him to get hurt.

I blinked in surprise at Pat's sudden shout, but after a moment I settled down once I understood. "I think you just gave me a heart attack.." I muttered as I slowly stepped closer to him, glancing down at the small figure near our feet. I had to smirk when I noticed Two-Bit.

"Just think of how boring our lives would be if we didn't have him to chase after." I leaned down and gently picked the stunned kitten up in my arms, muttering something to lift the spell he was under. I kept a firm hold of him after the fact though.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

"There's a fine line between boring and safe," I reminded her. "Also, we don't need him to make our lives exciting if this past summer was any clue."

I led the way back, making sure that Emmy kept a firm grip on Two-Bit. I spent most of the time watching the boards, so that way I wouldn't fall in again.

"I really hate this house," I muttered as I nearly avoided three boards that looked as though they were going to cave in.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

I felt like a small child being chastised in a way at Pat's reminder (although I knew I was being over dramatic), so I merely shrugged my shoulders. "I suppose so.." I replied, although I had to admit that in a way he was right. I couldn't forget our haunting experience in the Forbidden Forest either.. I sighed, following after Pat obediently.

I kept a firm hold on Two-Bit the entire time, stroking the top of his head so that he wouldn't protest too much.

I managed to keep myself from falling through, although I had a couple of close calls. "I'm sure we're almost out.." I encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Hearing her sigh, I turned around. "What's wrong?" I asked. I'd heard the boards creak behind me and didn't want Emmy to get caught like I had.

"Yeah, I see the tunnel entrance," I nodded when she said that she was sure that we were almost out.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:37 pm

I looked up at him, confused when he asked me what was wrong. I slowed my steps without really thinking about it, not wanting to fall through the floor by not paying attention. "Nothing. I'm fine." I replied after a moment, back to maneuvering around the unstable looking boards.

"Good. This wasn't as great as I thought it would be." I said with a slight chuckle, coming up behind him and wandering the last few steps toward the tunnel's entrance. We were so close.. I hoped no other unexpected injury happened.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:41 pm

"I agree," I nodded in agreement. "Next time, Two-Bit, go run into a candy store."

Two-Bit meowed as if he understood me, which he probably did.

"Uh Emmy?" I said. "You got your running shoes on?"

The tree had started back up and we were still in the Shack. I knew this because I could hear the tree thrashing around by the tunnel entrance and seeing as it wasn't that far away....
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:50 pm

I chuckled at Pat's statement, glancing down toward Two-Bit, who was still nestled comfortably in my arms. "I like that idea a whole lot better." I told the kitten with amusement. I wouldn't mind looking for him in a place like that.

At the sound of my name I glanced up, blinking as he asked if I had my running shoes on. Technically I was always up for a run, but with my ribs still being sore from before.. "Maybe.. why?" I began, but I was quick to answer my own question.

Glancing toward the tunnel entrance, I realized that the tree had awoken from the slumber state we'd managed to put it in. I never did think this far ahead to figure out how we would make it out safely..

"Oh great.."
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I had a crazy idea that might just work. Taking Two-Bit from Emmy, I said, "Two-Bit, listen closely okay. I'm going to let you go, and you are going to run up the tunnel and press the button on the trunk of the tree."

Two-Bit meowed and I let him go. The kitten zoomed off and I listened for the silence that would mean the tree had stopped. Sure enough it came a few minutes later.

"Come on!" I shouted, grabbing Emmy's hand and ran for the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:03 pm

I held Two-Bit out toward Pat, curious as to what crazy idea Pat had thought up that would include the kitten. My eyebrows both rose when I actually heard the idea, and I had to admit I was pretty doubtful of it actually working. Even though I knew I shouldn't doubt the kitten, because he was plenty smart enough.

I watched as he zoomed off, holding my breath. I found I was actually pretty hopeful that it would work and that Two-Bit would be unharmed. When the silence finally surrounded us..

I grasped onto Pat's hand firmly and ran after him, surprised by the sudden burning in my side by choosing to ignore it as I ran toward the entrance with Pat.

Thanks to Two-Bit, we had time to get out.. hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I knew we had mere minutes before that tree started back up again, so grabbing Emmy's hand, I began to run.

I didn't know if Emmy was running along side me or if I was dragging her but I'd apologize after we were out of there.

Five, four, three, two, one......

We got out of that tunnel just as the tree started waking up again.

"Two-Bit!" I called and my kitten ran to me instantly. I looked at Emmy.

"Okay, why is it we always have something to do with either running or danger when we're together?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning Another Year
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4