Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beginning Another Year

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

Beginning Another Year - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:25 am

I cracked a small smile at his words, grateful that he was being there for me. This wasn't one of my finer moments, of course. "What? They love hearing about my personal life." I joked with a slight roll of my eyes.

I pursed my lips at his next question, before shrugging my shoulders tentatively. "I don't know.. I mean.. I think it's obvious.." I said before sighing again, a look of defeat on my face. "He.. well.. it's not telling him that I'm afraid of." I hated admitting insecurities. "I'm.. he's.. interested in other people.. not just me." I knew the sadness in my voice was evident. I couldn't help it.

"I'm being completely ridiculous, aren't I?" I announced suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:28 am

I frowned a little at Emmy's sadness that was in her voice and gave her a small hug. She was my sister and my best friend. Well not sister by blood but close enough with all the stuff that we'd gone through together.

"You're not being ridiculous," I told her. "If he's interested in other people, then try, I don't know, taking a break from him for a few weeks. Show 'em what he's missing."

Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:36 am

I couldn't help it, when Pat gave me a small hug I ended up giving him a big one. First off, because I was definitely grateful he was here for me, and secondly because I appreciated him listening to my blabbering. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before stepping away, giving him a half-smile. "Thanks, Pat." I said sincerely.

So I wasn't being ridiculous.. I supposed that much was a relief. At the mention of 'taking a break' from Jay, I could feel my face falling. I hated the sound of that. "I'm just.. I'm just scared that he won't miss me, you know?" I shrugged, shaking my head. I knew he cared, I just wasn't sure how much. "I'll have to think of something.. on to a different subject!" I decided, doing a small twirl and skipping a few steps ahead of Pat.

"So.. we've experienced the Forbidden Forest, explored Little Whinging, and swam the lake.. what else can we do before the end of your Seventh year?" That was a way to switch the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:00 pm

I nodded as she admitted her fears, smiling a little at the kiss. I knew it was nothing but friendly and chuckled at her subject change.

"I honestly don't know," I told her. "Don't forget, we also got mistaken for teenage muggle celebrities."

Doing a small cartwheel, I caught up to Emmy. So Pam had also taught me cartwheels along with flips, they were the only things I still remembered.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:10 pm

I pouted a bit when he said that he didn't have any idea, although I was grinning a moment later at the reminder of the screaming group we'd had to avoid. "You really expect me to forget that, Heartthrob?" I had to let the nickname slip past my lips. "Well, we'll have to think of something.." I mused. "Although really, all our adventures happen spontaneously." Which was something I hadn't really thought about until that moment.

I turned around just in time to see Pat do a cartwheel, my brow arching. "Mr. Acrobat, what else can you do?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Oh Merlin, was I ever going to be able to escape that dreaded nickname?

"You know I just noticed that," I agreed with the randomness of the adventures. "Just the flips and the cartwheels Emmy. I forgot everything else Pam taught me, and she's probably forgotten everything by now."

Two-Bit, having grown bored with the conversation, ran off. "Two-Bit!" I shouted after him. He looked to be going towards the Willow. Groaning I turned to Emmy.

"In the mood to dodge branches?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:33 pm

I decided that for the sake of Pat's sanity, I wouldn't use my nickname for him for a while now. I didn't think he'd get annoyed with me, but I was going to come up with something better. I was utterly determined at this point. I sighed, acting as if I was disappointed when he said that was the only two things he knew how to do. But in the end I grinned. "Oh, well. More then I can do."

All of a sudden though, Two-Bit was dashing off and I blinked. Oh no.. here we go again! The last time I'd had to chase the kitten down, things hadn't been too pretty. I felt a slight feeling of apprehension beginning in the pit of my stomach, but I tried to ignore it. I noticed the direction the cat was running in too - not good. Another potential disaster.

"Looks as if we have no choice!" I said back before jumping into a run. Maybe we could catch him before he got too close to the violent tree.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Emmy had began to run so I quickly followed, hoping that I could catch my kitten before he--or we--got hit with the branches.

"Darn it!" I griped, missing Two-Bit's tail by inches. We were now in the branch's range and so I had to avoid the giant tree along with trying to catch the kitten.

"Two-Bit why did I get you!" I muttered under my breath.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:56 pm

I frowned when Pat made a grab for the kitten but missed by centimeters, and I took my own shot but came up slightly short. I hadn't noticed how quick our pace was but when I glanced up, I had to dodge a flying limb. "Woah!" I muttered, feeling the breeze rushing past my face.

I took a couple of very quick steps backwards to escape the range of the timber's arms, stumbling on my own two feet. I knew there was a way to render the tree immobile.. if only I could remember in my time of pressure.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Seeing Emmy move backwards, I called out, "Are you okay?" before ducking another branch myself. Two-Bit seemed to slip into a passage way, but how to get in there?

Oh brain, filled with worthless knowledge, become useful!
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm

After a moment of hesitation I called back, "Yeah!" Slightly rattled, but otherwise A-okay. That same moment was when the kitten disappeared and I blinked in surprise. What the..

I took a few calming breaths, forcing my eyes closed and willing myself to think. Think..... oh! I loved when I had random bursts of knowledge, it was great really.

When I opened my eyes I was met with a limb to the side, and I swore I felt a couple of ribs crack. "Oh.. my.. ouch..." I groaned as I gripped at my side, breathing in sharply. I had to blame it all on myself though.

I gritted my teeth, forcing myself to stand up straight and ignoring the sharp pain that sent sirens to my brain. I managed to point my wand at the vicious tree, and shouted out, "Immobulus!" I was surprised when the tree's swinging suddenly came to a halt, but I noticed it was already beginning to twitch in various areas. Shoot.. what came next.. it was hard to think with the throbbing pain in my side.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

After Emmy had made the tree motionless, I ran to her side to help support her. I had been close enough that I had heard something crack and I hoped she was alright.

"You okay?" I asked, leaning down so that she could support herself on me. Her ribs must be sore--no way would she want to move on her own.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:41 pm

I attempted to offer Pat a small smile when he rushed to my side, although I didn't reject the aid from him. I normally hated asking for help but the pain in my side was beginning to intensify, and I winced as I wrapped an arm around his waist, leaning against him a bit. "Y-Yeah.. I'll be.. fine." I said, my teeth still gritted.

The tree was already beginning to tremor and twitch, and I knew we needed to act fast. Shoot...... think..... yes! Again! "We need.. to hit that knot in.. in it's base." I said quickly, gesturing toward it with my wand. I hoped what I'd researched about it was correct. We had to act quickly or we'd be the result of more injuries.. I took a step forward, gasping in surprise at the burning in my side but taking another step forward anyhow.

I was always a trooper.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Hearing her words, I took out my wand and saw a branch lying off to the side. That way she wouldn't injure her self more.

"WINDGAURDIUM LEVIOSA!" I cried and the branch began to levitate. I sent it to the knot and pressed it. The tree froze, thank Merlin.

"Okay, ready?" I asked figuring we had to move fast.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:56 pm

I paused to catch my breath, and noticed that Pat already seemed to have something in mind. I watched quietly as he levitated a branch toward the knot and hit it. I grinned a bit in relief as the tree froze, and I nodded at his words. "Course!"

I gritted my teeth together to brace myself for the pain and pushed myself forward, whimpering at the pain but managing to disappear into the secret passage. Once I did I immediately took the time to attempt to heal my ribs. "Episkey." I muttered, gasping at the extremely hot feeling that suddenly began eating away at my side. Just when I was about to cry out in pain and not be able to take anymore it suddenly felt like ice.

I exhaled in relief. It would still be a bit sore, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:05 pm

I looked over at Emmy, and smiled a little when it seemed that the pain had lessened for her.

"Lean on me," I whispered to her. "Only if you need to that is."

I walked through the tunnel and gasped when we came out into the Shrieking Shack.

"Two-Bit why did I get you?" I muttered loud enough for Emmy to hear. I could hear faint meowing so I followed it, not knowing if Emmy was behind me or not.

CRACK!

"Merlin!" I muttered and hissed some swearwords under my breath as a board collapsed under my leg, trapping my food.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:28 pm

I looked over toward Pat, seeing that he had appeared next to me, and offered him a slight smile in response. Certain movements still caused a bit of pain in my side, but at least I would be able to walk without the assistance of Pat. I appreciated it, but I was much too proud to admit when I needed help most of the time. At his whispered offer though, I nodded. "Ok, will do."

I followed him down the tunnel, although where we came out I was thoroughly in awe. "Wow.." I muttered, gazing around a bit. I'd only heard of the place, never been inside of it. And from what I'd heard... it wasn't a pleasant place to be. I shuddered slightly as I tried to walk further down the dark tunnel to be closer to Pat.

What I didn't expect was the sudden loud noise coming from in front of me, followed by Pat's string of profanities. I gasped and launched into a run in the direction of the noise, yelping at the sudden pain and being forced to drop to a quick walk. Too much too soon.. "Pat? Pat! Are you ok?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:44 pm

"Yes," I answered, my leg still trapped. "Help me get my foot out of here,"

I somehow couldn't get it out on my own, and it was too painful to fight with the board on my own. Luckily, it was just the board that had been broken and not a bone.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:38 am

I exhaled slightly in relief when I heard that he was alright, but I wouldn't believe it until I saw it. "Ok!" I called back, quickly tapping the tip of my wand in my open palm a few times before muttering "Lumos." I quickly located Pat soon after with the help of the light, and I proceeded with caution in order to avoid going through a board as well. Both of us being stuck would be just a plain bad situation.

After I got close enough without injury I leaned down to inspect the damage. After a moment I decided to levitate the board slowly and steadily so I wouldn't hurt Pat any more, and soon I was able to free his leg. I grunted with the difficulty it was to move the slightly heavy object and once I placed it down a foot or so away from us I sighed in relief.

"Try getting out now." I replied, hoping the floor would continue to hold up under us. I offered my hand out in case.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:41 am

Stupid old house, with its old boards....

Moving my food was easier now with Emmy's help but there were a few close calls when my pant leg snagged on the broken part of the board. It came off with out tearing so that was good.

"And it's out!" I cheered as soon as I pulled my foot out. "Guess this teaches us to be careful where we step huh?"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Seeing as Pat didn't seem to need my help, I lowered my hand back down to my side and bit by lip as I watched him trying to get out. I held my wand out steadily in order to provide him with light, my breath catching each time his pant leg got caught.

Soon he was out though and I sighed completely in relief. I nodded with a wary glance around me when he mentioned watching where he stepped. "I hope Two-Bit's being careful." I pointed out with a dry chuckle, waiting for Pat to steady himself again before we attempted to find that rascal.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm

"Me too," I nodded and gingerly stepped on the next board. It was solid so I put my whole weight on it and walked along. I was hissing for Two-Bit but my mind was a million miles away, thinking about Pam again.

Pregnant, at sixteen.

Not looking where I was going, I heard another crack and felt my leg sink down into another hole.

"Hey Emmy!" I called, somewhat bemused now.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:23 pm

I nodded again and watched with apprehension as he stepped onto the next board. I was sure one of us would end up falling through the floor again, but that was the fun of this entire situation. It was certainly an adventure, that much was obvious.

I followed along after him, testing my weight on each of the boards before stepping onto it. Everything was going relatively well until I heard the tell-tale creaking of one of the boards, and then all of a sudden a crash, followed by my name. "Paaaat...!" I groaned but I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head back and forth.

I wandered forward gingerly until I was by his side again, and I rested my hands on my hips as I looked down at him. "Where in Merlin's name is your mind?" I teased, sighing before once more levitating the board out of the way so that he would be able to lift himself again.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I chuckled as well.

"Thanks," I said as she levitated the board. I pulled my foot out quickly. "My mind is a million miles away actually."

This adventure actually was really fun, if you didn't count getting your foot stuck twice.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:46 pm

I waved my hand in the air in a "no problem" gesture when he thanked me, although I frowned when he said his mind was a million miles away.

"Oh.. why, what's bothering you?" I wondered aloud. I wouldn't force him to tell me obviously, but it didn't hurt to ask.

I waited until he had pulled his foot out before walking forward a few more steps, turning to glance back toward Pat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning Another Year   Beginning Another Year - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning Another Year
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next